So Windows 8 adverts are appearing on television, and lots of people will be getting laptops and tablets and phones with Windows 8 on them this Xmas. Well, okay, lots of people will be getting laptops with Windows 8 on them, and lots of people will be getting laptops and tablets and phones for Xmas, [...]
I spent a couple of days last week with a Windows ‘Surface’ Tablet from Microsoft – the Windows challenger to the iPad and Android tablets. The tablet is widescreen compared to most tablets, and would be great for watching movies in HD. Just hold it right in front of your face and it would be [...]
We’re using the Pavilion Interactive website to engage with some of our users to make some big changes to CareKnowledge, which you will see in January 2013. If you’re a CareKnowledge user and want to contribute – get in touch.
It was the very first in our Friday Focus lecture series last week, and it was my pleasure to chair the lecture, which was given by Frances Patterson QC.
I was at the Battersea Arts Centre on Lavender Hill last Friday, for a Volunteering, Training and Employment Fair. It was arranged by Lifetimes – previously the Wandsworth Voluntary Sector Development Agency, with whom we’re about to start an exciting co-production website. The event was very well-attended, both in terms of voluntary organisations with stalls [...]
In a sad reflection of the parlous state of local government finance, this year’s Social Services Research Group Annual Workshop was a one-day event, rather than the long-standing three-day format. But there was a lot packed in…
I, along with almost 200 other people, gave up last Saturday to attend UKGovCamp 2011 at Microsoft HQ near Victoria Station.
This month’s Learning Disability Today has an article written by Rob Powell, Knowledge Management and Communication Manager at Stockport MBC Adult Social Care. He talks about their experience working with us on developing their own local digital engagement platform within CareKnowledge.
‘New Directions in Social Care and Health Services for Adults: Innovation, Information and Indicators’ was an event run by the SSRG on Thursday 18th November 2010, at The Banqueting Suite, Council House, Birmingham.
I spent yesterday at an SSRG Scotland event – ‘Supporting and Protecting Adults: improving practice through the effective use and dissemination of knowledge’. It provided a very informative review of the Adult Support and Protection Act 2007 – the principles behind the act, how the national bodies in Scotland are responding to it, and also [...]
I develop innovative websites to help social workers keep their skills and knowledge up to date. Rather worryingly it appears that it's 30 year since I started doing this... it doesn't feel that long!
- Information Systems to Support Social Work Practice April 1, 2010
- Digital Engagement in Stockport Adult Social Care January 21, 2011
- RSA Social Media Surgery – Chelmsford March 30, 2010
- Person-Centred Care in Scotland July 12, 2010
- UKGovCamp 2011 January 25, 2011
- Windows 8 … and CareKnowledge …. November 29, 2012
- Windows 8 Surface November 23, 2012
- Watch this space… October 25, 2012
- What Next for Adult Social Care Law? July 18, 2011
- Wandsworth Volunteering Fair May 16, 2011
- Tweets that mention Digital Engagement in Stockport Adult Social Care « The CareKnowledge blog -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mark W...
- Paul Hambleton: Hi Mark, this gives a good snapshot of the day and...
- jerryhall: Mark, also been to an event led by Sue and Dave. T...
- Ian Drysdale: Hi Mark, thanks for all of this, very interesting ...
- Laura: Hey Mark, I work at the RSA, and support the Young...
Follow @careknowledge on Twitter